Sunday, August 2, 2009

Syspad : Network paths on your Fingertips

In corporate or IT environment we regularly deal with shared path when it comes to transferring files or taking backups or sharing data between team and Most of my team members had hated on thing : Remembering the share path which takes lot of remembrance specially if your computers are have naming conventions like columns rows and grid.

The other option is to map them in My computer as network drive but then its like opens invitation to go and see to anybody who access my computer. So we manage in mails or notepad or even on scratch pad.

Syspad is small but pretty efficient solution if we face similar problems. Its lets you manage folders and files and even network path with a name which you can remember so instead of having \\xyzserver\\xyz123backuparea\u348976 you can just have xyzproject has tag name to remember.

Syspad comes along with a scratch pad which is like multiple notepads and folder pad which is the hero of this software. As soon as you launch the program, Syspad just sits on your notification area / system tray ( Its pretty silent, so just don’t wait for something happen), just look for this icon and make a right click:

Folderpad on System tray

This launches the folder icon where you get quick access to sections like my computer, my network , control panel etc and also you can browse and any number of folder path which is launched when you click on it.

Folder pad settings

That is, keep on adding any number of path and you will never forget. The only thing I would suggest is you make it run with Admin privilege to make sure it doesn’t get any problem in I/O operations. Download Syspad. And yes there is notepad like program which I am leaving on you to explore. You gonna love that too.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I play a lot of computer games, design stuff and enjoy the life with my cutest baby girl.